What are the advantages of being a freelancer?
It doesn’t matter if you are just starting out, or you are already established; or if you work in a business that relies on freelance employees or contractors. The advantages are the same for both situations.
Let me show some reasons why being a freelancer is amazing:
- Flexibility – you can make your own choices and set your own hours. You don’t have to be locked into a set 8-hour workday and you can pick the jobs you want to do.
- Independence – you have control of your own life – you can make your own choices – you can choose when and how much to work – you don’t have to report to anyone else
- Outsourcing – You are not on your own – when you work as a freelancer and you get stuck with certain tasks or you are too busy to get certain jobs done, you will always find plenty of other freelancers who are more than willing to support you to get your projects done. You can find these freelancers on the biggest freelance marketplaces such as Fiverr https://track.fiverr.com/visit/?bta=101858&nci=7416 or Upwork (LINK). As a freelancer, it is more than easy to build your team of coworkers without having to hire them full-time or having them sign any contracts.
- Pandemic proof – Compared to the majority of people who have their own offline businesses and struggle a lot, especially now in these uncertain pandemic times, as a freelancer you don’t have to worry about losing your job or having to shut down your business because you work online and there is always plenty of demand out there and more and more people are trying to improve their online presence and are depending on freelancers like you and me who will make their lives easier. Outsourcing – You are not on your own – when you work as a freelancer and you get stuck with certain tasks or you are too busy to get certain jobs done, you will always find plenty of other freelancers who are more than willing to support you to get your projects done. You can find these freelancers on the biggest freelance marketplaces such as Fiverr or Upwork. As a freelancer, it is more than easy to build your team of coworkers without having to hire them full-time or having them sign any contracts.
- Geographical Freedom – Being a freelancer allows you to work whenever you want and wherever you want – at your desk, in the car, on the beach, in the sauna, in the rain. Being a freelancer means you have more time with your friends and family and they have more time with you. Being a freelancer allows you to experience more of life – it’s more than you get to experience in a regular 9-5.
- Time Management – Being a freelancer means you can manage your time the way you want to. You can work 15 hour days for one week and then take the next week off. You can work at night and sleep during the day or vice versa. It is all up to you.
You might have heard other people say things like freelancers are lazy, they only travel or sleep all the time but being a freelancer is a real job that pays your bills. You get what you work for, so if you are too lazy to get things done your bills won’t be paid at the end of the month.
So as you can see being a freelancer offers you tons of opportunities that most other people who work in a regular 9-5 can only dream of but if you decide to become a freelancer, don’t expect to be chilling on a beach in Mexico for the rest of your life, you can still book a ticket to Mexico but make sure you don’t forget your laptop and charger and be prepared to spend more time in your hotel room or your Airbnb then on the beach because being a freelancer also takes a lot of work, consistency and the right mindset.
I’ll just stop here because there is so much more that I could talk about now…but I want you to take action and get stuff done if you want to be a freelancer yourself.
I hope you liked my article “What are the advantages of being a freelancer?” and if you did, you should also read how to earn money on Fiverr the right way.
Also check out my Youtube Channel
Have a great day and stay safe,